Teachers are the pillarsof our Orkids Team and the face of Orkids for parents and children. We nurture every teacher by instilling in them a sense of belonging, confidence and a deep sense of commitment for their work. Read More....
Distance Learning Course
Certificate of Educational Studies (COES)
Accredited by College Of Teachers, UK
SPECIAL EDUCATION COURSE IN DELHI AND GURGAON
Special Education Needs Coordinator Distance Learning Course
A teacher training course to empower all teachers reach out And embrace the diversity in their classrooms
- Salient Features
• International Accreditation
• Part time
• Two intensive Five-day contact programs.
• Interactive, participatory and web based communication.
• Criteria for evaluation – Only assignments & power point presentations.
Upcoming Contact Program :
Delhi : 18th to 22nd November, 2014
Gurgaon : 3rd to 7th January, 2015
Both venues are close to Metro stations for easy accessibility.
SENCO (Certificate of Educational Studies), is a level four distance mode Certificate course, accredited by College Of Teachers, UK, whose qualification is professional rather than academic in nature, allowing the teacher trainees involved to have their professional achievement and expertise recognized and rewarded. As these qualifications are awarded under the Royal Charter, the trainees benefit from international recognition allowing them to not only move schools but also countries, safe in the knowledge that their qualifications will be recognized
One year. Medium of instruction will be English.
• Bachelor’s Degree is a basic requisite for this course.
• However, a candidate with either a Teacher Training course or a Teaching experience of at least six months in a school along with the Principal’s reference letter shall be given preference.
Special Education Course Outline
• Unit 1 The objective of this special education course is to develop awareness of the range of learning difficulties teachers may meet in schools including reasons for children failing in schools- e.g. lack of awareness of learning styles and intelligence types.
• Unit 2 aims to help teachers who work with children in English medium schools but have little background of English and deals with:
– Acquisition of Language and Literacy
– The differences between spoken and written English
– Structure of English
– Importance of understanding the English phonic system
– Teaching in English as a Second Language.
•Unit 3 of this teacher training course for special education will equip the trainee to assess children in their school and be able to do a student profile (an interview and assessment). Lesson plans will be constructed to show they have accommodated the range of needs and learning styles, used differentiation and lesson planning techniques.
• Unit 4 will give the teacher trainee more specific training on their role in school and they should then develop that with the staff in their school; this could include input from other professionals explaining their roles and importance of multi specialist approaches (e.g. speech therapist, occupational therapist, psychologist, counselor and so on).